Thursday 18 June 2015

How to Increase Your Strength - Smolov Jr. Routine (3 Weeks)

IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE IT BEFORE, I RECOMMEND YOU TO TRY IT


Smolov Jr. Routine is one of my FAVOURITE  strength training programs. I have used it with bench press, I have used it with squats - every time I get pretty good results with it. After the end of this 3 week program I usually add about 10-20 Lbs to my lift. Sometimes the gains are smaller, like 5 lbs after three weeks. But it works.

-If you are struggling with your strength gains, it can help you to BLAST THROUGH plateaus.
-If you want to REGAIN your strength that you used to have - this program can help you to speed up the process.
-If you have been using beginner workouts and now are looking for something more INTERMEDIATE - this workout might be just what you are looking for.

SMOLOV JR. WORKOUT LOOKS LIKE THIS

Monday : Your chosen exercise 6 x 6 @ 70 % 
Tuesday : Your chosen exercise 7 x 5 @ 75 % 
Thursday : Your chosen exercise 8 x 4 @ 80 % 
Friday : Your chosen exercise 10 x 3 @ 85 %

(Sets x reps x percent of your 1 rep max)

You do this strength routine for 3 weeks and every week try to increase the weight by about 10-20 lbs.
MY VERSION OF SMOLOV JR. WORKOUT



I was wondering WHAT WOULD HAPPEN with my results If I modified this program a little bit. My modification - I made it shorter and it looks like this:

Monday : Your chosen exercise 6 x 6 @ 70 % 
Tuesday : Your chosen exercise 6 x 5 @ 75 % 
Thursday : Your chosen exercise 6 x 4 @ 80 % 
Friday : Your chosen exercise 6 x 3 @ 85 %

As you can see, every day I did only 6 sets (instead of 7, 8 and 10). What impact this modification had on my strength gains? NONE. It was working just fine, like the full version of this program. But that is my experience, I don’t know will it work for you, but you can try this shorter version, too.