Sunday 14 June 2015

How to Increase Bench Press - Bench Press Routine That Increased my Strength by 35 Lbs in 3 Weeks

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADD 50 LBS TO YOUR BENCH PRESS IN 3 WEEKS?


What thoughts come to your mind when you read the words "How to Increase Bench Press by 50 Lbs in 3 Weeks"?

I guess that some of YOU MIGHT BE THINKING: “Increase your bench press by 50 pounds in just 3 weeks? Yeah right…what a load of BS…just another scam…”. Maybe such claims even make you more or less angry.

BUT keep with me for a few more seconds and I will tell you about MY EXPERIENCE with the workout routine, that says it can help you to INCREASE your bench press by as much as 50 lbs in just 3 short WEEKS.

This workout program is called “Blast Your Bench – Add 50 Lbs in 3 Weeks. It is created by Lee Hayward, who claims that he added 51 lbs to his bench press in just 3 weeks using this program.

I understand that 50 pounds in 3 weeks looks “irrational” to many people. And although 50 lbs increase in 3 weeks looks like a total nonsense to many people – I decided to TRY this program and  to see for myself. After all, it is only 3 weeks long. And my bench press WAS STUCK.

At the time, I was training at our school's basement. Our bench was made from school desks. We didn't have much weight so we used to hang additional weight with SHOELACES. 

Long story short: I was about 16 years old and weighed about 67-70 kg (150lbs) when I tried this program. I was bench pressing 90 kg (200lb) and I wasn't able to increase my benching strength for weeks. I wanted to finally bench press "three digit number" - 100 kg, which would also mean, that I reached the "two plates per side" level (even though we didn't have these plates)

During these 3 weeks of the program SOME DAYS WERE VERY DIFFICULT, extremely intense, and some days were fairly easy. One day during the program I almost crushed my chest with a barbell, because my training partners could not come and I was doing “the difficult part of program” that day alone. While doing a set of bench pressing I suddenly felt that I can no long press the barbell up and rack it. I don't remember how I managed to get it off of me, but I remember that, at that point I felt  frustrated from using this weightlifting program.

But, despite some difficulties, I managed to finish "Blast Your Bench" workout routine.

MY RESULTS USING THIS WORKOUT ROUTINE



Three weeks had passed and it was time to try my bench press max. And this is the part that, I guess, you are probably most interested in.

The most important Question: Did I manage to add 50 lbs to my Bench Press in just 3 weeks?

The answer – No. BUT WAIT, don't rush to think "I knew that this program wouldn't work". WHY?

Because even though I didn't add "promised" 50 lbs to my bench, but I INCREASED MY BENCH PRESS BY 35 LBS! 35 lbs to my bench press were added in just three weeks of training! Can you imagine that? When was the last time you increased your lift by 35 lbs in as little as 3 weeks? That is more than 10 pounds of additional strength every single week. That is just incredible!

What can I can say about this program?  It is amazing. The main negative aspect of it is that some days of training were NOT "FUN" AT ALL, I wouldn't like to repeat that parts of the program again. But, well, the results were worth it.

So, if you want to shock your strength, to significantly improve your bench press I strongly ENCOURAGE you to give this program a try.

And who knows, maybe your results will be better than mine, maybe you will add the whole 50 lbs to your Bench Press?

But, of course, if you still have some serious doubts whether you should try it - simply forget this program and move on. It is your right to choose.